by Chris Durst Oct. 18, 2023
|As we write, this job listing is online and applications appear to be open. But jobs can fill at any time, so apply or share quickly if you’re interested! Sorry, but we have no role in the HR processes of other companies. If you encounter difficulties in the application process please contact them directly. Good luck in your hunt, and may you be working from home soon!
Penumbra, a medical device company, has posted a work from home Customer Order Specialist I opportunity to their careers page.
This position involves reviewing hospital purchase orders that are received via email and fax for accuracy.
Pay for this role is in the $21-$23 per hour range but may vary depending on the location of the employee.
Additionally, the company has a benefits and equity program.
Applicants do not have to have a college degree, but they should have written and verbal communication skills, and solid Microsoft Office skills.
Hiring in the US, no state hiring exclusions are noted in the job post.
Here’s what the company has posted about this opportunity:
The Customer Order Specialist (COS) I is responsible for processing hospital purchase orders received from the US and Canada regions and ensuring timely and accurate order fulfillment.
What You’ll Work On
- Review hospital purchase orders received via e-mail and e-fax to ensure all required information has been provided.
- Input order details into the ERP system.
- Direct communication with customers for revisions to purchase orders, as required.
- Communicate order status and shipping details to customers and sales team.
- Coordinate with Logistics to ensure timely processing and shipment of orders.
- Miscellaneous administrative duties (i.e., filing, scanning, archiving, etc).
- Log metrics data for quality purposes.
- Work company holidays as business needs necessitate.
- Adhere to the Company’s Quality Management System (QMS) as well as domestic and global quality system regulations, standards, and procedures.
- Understand relevant security, privacy and compliance principles and adhere to the regulations, standards, and procedures that are applicable to the Company.
- Ensure other members of the department follow the QMS, regulations, standards, and procedures.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned
What You Contribute
- High School Diploma or GED
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills required
- Competence with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- SAP experience desirable
- Keen attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines are also required
General office environment. Requires some lifting and moving of up to 25 pounds. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms, and to use a computer, sitting for extended periods. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to read, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Base Pay Range Per Hour: $21.00 – $23.00
This is the pay range for a high-cost labor market; if hired in another region, there will be a difference in pay range. We offer a competitive compensation package plus a benefits and equity program, when applicable. Individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, competencies, and work location.
What We Offer
- A collaborative teamwork environment where learning is constant, and performance is rewarded.
- The opportunity to be part of the team that is revolutionizing the treatment of some of the world’s most devastating diseases.
- A generous benefits package for eligible employees that includes medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, and short and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) with employer match, an employee stock purchase plan, paid parental leave, eleven paid company holidays per year, a minimum of fifteen days of accrued vacation per year, which increases with tenure, and paid sick time in compliance with applicable law(s).
CLICK HERE for full details and to apply. For more jobs like this, check our Newest Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about jobs like these, like our Facebook page. Good luck as you make your work from home plans a reality!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!