The Miles App claims that you can earn miles for all of your trips though, not just flights. This means that you could potentially earn money for walking or driving, and any other travel you do.
In today’s post we’ll let you know. In this Miles App review, we delve into the app covering everything from how it works to how much money you can make.
Miles is an app you can use to earn miles for all of your trips. These miles can be redeemed for rewards. Miles was founded in 2016 by Jigar Shah, Paresh Jain, and Parin Shah and launched in July 2018.
Here’s how the Miles App works.
Need Easy Extra $300+/Month for Free?
: Get paid directly into your PayPal for watching videos, surfing, shopping and more. Join KashKick Now!
: Earn up to $75 per survey. They also pay up to $50/hr for mystery shopping. Join Now!
: Paid over $57 Million to members to watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Get $5 instantly!
: Get $1 instantly just for joining for free. Plus get paid within 48 hours by PayPal! Join Branded Surveys
: If you have to only sign up for one paid survey site, go with Ipsos (high paying survyes)! Join iPsos Now!
: Get paid to watch videos, shop online, take surveys and more. Join now & get $5 instantly!
1. Download the app and sign up
The first step to earning with Miles is to download the app. The app is available for iOS devices and Android devices. You can download the app on the official Miles website here.
Simply enter your phone number on the site, and you’ll get the download link.
Signing up for the Miles App is free. Once you open the app, it will request to track your location and also how fast you are traveling. The app is able to analyze your speed and location via GPS to determine the mode of transportation for your trips.
So, to make money with the app, you have to be comfortable with enabling location tracking. You’ll also need to be okay with keeping the app running in the background on your phone so that it can track you via GPS.
2. Earn miles when you travel
With the Miles App, you can earn miles when you travel. The app will track your location in the background, and it assigns your most likely mode of transport to each trip by analyzing your speed and GPS.
The number of miles you earn depends on how you travel.
Here are the methods of travel that you can earn rewards for and how many miles you can earn for each mode of transportation:
- Running and walking: 10x miles per mile you travel.
- Biking: 5x miles per mile you travel.
- Bus, train, boat, or skiing: 3x miles per mile you travel.
- Carpool or ride share: 2x miles per mile you travel.
- Car: 1x miles per mile you travel.
- Air: 0.1x miles per mile you travel.
As you can see, the Miles App really rewards more physically active modes of transportation such as walking and cycling. Even if you do drive a lot or fly a lot though, your miles can still add up quickly.
Earn bonus miles
While those transportation methods that I mentioned above are the main ways that you can earn miles, the Miles App does have a few other ways that you can earn some bonus miles.
Here are a few other ways that you can earn with the Miles App:
- New member points: Most new members can get a small number of bonus miles just for signing up.
- Bonus points: Complete your membership profile and enter details like your date of birth and you can receive bonus points.
- Refer friends: You have a referral link that you can use to earn referral bonuses for each friend that joins the app.
- Various bonuses: The Miles App also rewards users with bonus miles on a variety of occasions, including during the holidays.
3. Redeem your miles for rewards
Once you have earned miles, you can redeem them for rewards.
Here’s how you can redeem your miles:
- Gift cards: You can redeem your miles for gift cards to a bunch of different retailers. You can get gift cards for places like Amazon, Starbucks, Target, and Walmart.
- Raffles: You can use your miles to enter raffles for the opportunity to win prizes like high value gift cards.
- Donating miles: You also have the option to donate your miles if you want to.
How much are miles worth?
You typically need 5,000 to 10,000 miles to redeem a $1 gift card. So, you need to earn a lot of miles before you can redeem a reward.
Is Miles App Legit?
Miles is a legit app that pays you for sharing your location and travel data. The app is well rated across both app stores with a 4.3-star rating on the Google play store and a 4.7-star rating on the App Store.
However, the app doesn’t pay that well. You need to earn thousands of miles just to redeem a $1 gift card.
Miles App Pros & Cons
In this section, I’ll cover the pros and cons of the Miles App, so you can decide whether or not the app is for you.
Here are the pros of the Miles App:
- Easy to use app.
- Get paid for all modes of transportation.
- Redeem your miles for gift cards from a wide range of retailers.
- Miles don’t expire.
Here are the cons of the Miles App:
- Low pay. You’ll only likely make a few dollars a year from the app.
- There’s no cash payout option. So, you can’t withdraw your income to places like PayPal.
- Requires you to share your location data, which not everyone is comfortable with.
Overall, Miles is a legit app that rewards you for all modes of transportation whether you’re walking, driving, or cycling. However, the rewards are pretty low and you’re likely to only earn around a few dollars a year, unless you travel a lot.
Also, the lack of PayPal payments is another downside that you should factor in when deciding whether to use the app. If you don’t mind sharing your location to earn some free gift cards, then you could try Miles. Just don’t expect to earn too much with the app.
Hopefully this Miles App review has helped you to decide whether or not to use the app.