Non-phone work at home jobs tend to be the most popular. This is because not everyone can easily work from home with a phone.
Most phone jobs require no background noise, and that is not something everyone can guarantee when they have children or pets at home with them all day.
If you’re looking for a work at home job and would prefer something that doesn’t require the use of a phone, hopefully you’ll find some ideas on where to apply after browsing the list below. I’ve gone through the last several batches of work at home job leads we’ve posted to find the companies that are still hiring AND don’t require you to use a phone.
Work From Home Non-Phone Jobs Open Now
- Landmark Associates – Transcriptionists. Anywhere in the US. You’ll have to complete their test transcript and attach it with your application. Prior experience with general transcription projects and extensive knowledge of English grammatical rules is a beneficial. Salary is unknown, but most of what I see online says it is fair, particularly for those new to transcription
- 3PlayMedia – Transcriptionists / Editors. Anywhere in the US. Must have excellent grammar and spelling, as well as the ability to type at least 75 wpm. You’ll also need a speedy internet connection. Pay is project-based, ranging $10 – $30 / hour, depending on your efficiency.
- GMR Transcription – General Transcriptionists. Anywhere in the US. No experience needed! Make your own schedule, pick and choose how much work you want to take on. According to Glassdoor, pay should be around $14 / hour.
- Acorn Transcripts, LLC. – Transcribers. Anywhere in the US. Must have experience transcribing digital audio files and experience with court terminology. You’ll also need good quality headphones and a foot pedal for audio playback. Salary is unknown.
- Literably – Transcriptionists. Most US states Position appears to be entry level, they will give you the training needed for the position. Be sure to sign up using the same name and email address attached to your Paypal account (do not, however, use your Paypal password – only the name and email must match). Pay starts at $10 / hour.
- Babbletype – Transcriptionists. Anywhere in the US. While higher education is not required, a broad scope of knowledge in various subjects and excellent listening skills are required. Must be a competent typist with strong research skills. Pay varies dependent on the length of the recording you’re transcribing.
- HappyScribe – Transcriptionists. Worldwide! For this position, you’ll need to pass an assessment test. If chosen, you’ll then be able to select transcription jobs from their site. How much you make will depend on the quality and speed of your transcription, as well as the jobs you choose. Their top earners make around $2,300 per month.
- LegalProofs – Legal & General Transcribers. May be open worldwide, but US English grammar is required. Flexible schedule and very entry-level. For legal transcription, you are paid per page. For general transcription, you are paid per hour. Rate is not given.
- eScribers – Legal Transcribers. US only. Contract work, set your own schedule, past transcription or legal transcription experience not needed. Pay is weekly with the salary estimated at between $12 and $20 hourly.
- Daily Transcription – Transcribers. Open Worldwide. No experience required for this one, but you will need a minimum typing speed of 50 words per minute, along with good listening skills and a strong ability to speak English. The starting wage is $0.75 -$0.85 per audio minute. Actual earnings will vary depending on your speed and level of skill.
- Transcript Divas– Transcriptionists. Hiring worldwide! Prior transcription experience is highly preferred. Pay is not specified, but their aim is to beat the average rate for medical transcriptionists working in the USA ($15 / hour).
- Precision Transcription – Medical Transcribers. US. Part-time and Full-time. Contract work. Requires minimum of one (1) year of recent on-the-job, medical transcription experience (graduation from a certified medical transcription program is preferred). Different time slots are needing to be filled.P ay: $27,781.00 – $33,955.00 per year.
- SpeakWrite – Transcribers/Typists. US and Canada (except California). Obviously, strong typing skills are a must with this one. Previous experience as a typist is preferred but not necessarily required! According to Glassdoor, pay tends to vary from project to project. Overall, the range is anywhere from $10 – $16 / hour.
My e-book, “Your Quick Guide to Working From Home as a General Transcriber” explains exactly what transcription is, what it takes to get started, how much money you can usually expect to earn, and a big list with descriptions of 70 companies that are often hiring to get you started applying if this career path interests you. It’s a digital download and only costs $1!
- ShoutVox – Freelance Content Writers. Anywhere in the US. Must have understanding of SEO and MS Office proficiency, as well as excellent writing skills and ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
- HotGhostWriter Ltd – Romance Book Writers. Anywhere in the US. Looking for a long-term commitment, eager and available to work and can comfortably deliver a minimum of 15,000 words a week. Current rate is $20 USD per 1,000 words.
- TextBroker – Authors. Anywhere in the US. After passing their test, you’re assigned a level based on your writing skill. Pay varies dependent on the writing assignment, higher level writers have access to higher paying assignments. Your level will be periodically evaluated, so advancement is possible.
- CBR – Gaming List Writers. US & UK. Broad working knowledge of old and current comic books is required, as well as prior relevant writing and editing experience. Payrate for this position is unknown.
- ResumeSpice – Resume Writers. Anywhere in the US. Must have full MS Word proficiency, as well as strong verbal/written communication skills and an understanding of various industries and job functions. Payrate is unknown.
- Cozymeal – Freelance Content Writers. Anywhere in the US. 2+ years of experience in copywriting or journalism is required. You’ll also need experience using Google Drive. Pay ranges $75 / 2,000 words for short form content, $85 / 2,000 words for long form.
- Ana Luisa – Freelance Copywriter. US. The Copywriter will collaborate with key cross-functional teams to develop and maintain the Ana Luisa voice, and craft unique, engaging copy across organic and paid media channels. Requires Bachelor’s degree; graduate degree preferred. Must also have 2+ years as a copywriter and/or copy/editorial lead with a focus on marketing materials (experience in D2C marketing preferred).
- Tempesta Media– Writers. US only. Writers are paid on a per-article basis. Must commit to at least 1500 words per week. They pay with your choice of Paypal or direct deposit once a month. They claim the amount you’re able to earn will vary, but there is one writer on Glassdoor reporting an average of $24 / hour.
- Study.com – Freelance Writers. Worldwide. Following a detailed article outline, you will research and write original, high-quality articles in accordance with SEO best practices that will help students pass their exams and enter the career landscape with confidence. You must have experience writing and researching informational articles, and you must be fluent in English. Rate of pay not listed.
- Money Crashers – Freelance Writers. US. You will contribute engaging, informative posts on a range of topics in the banking and credit sphere. The ideal candidate has published samples from recognized, reputable banking and credit card (or adjacent) sites. Pay rate not listed but they say it is competitive.
- BKA Content – Legal Content Writers. Anywhere in the US except CA or MA. College-level writing skills are required, as well as availability to write at least 1,000 words per week. Prior experience in the legal field is not required, however strong research skills are a must. Pay is 5 cents per word, averaging to $15-$33 / hour, depending skill set and speed.
- Scribendi Inc. – Freelance Proofreaders. Available worldwide, but some US states are excluded. University degree in a relevant field and native level English ability required. Minimum 3 years experience in editing, proofreading, or teaching. According to Glassdoor.com, hourly contractors average around $25 / hour
- Promoshin – Content Editors. Anywhere in the US. Must have impeccable writing skills and grammar. You’ll have to complete a brief writing/editing test in order to assess your skills. You will be given the opportunity to state your desire per word rate.
- Proofreading Services – Proofreaders. Hiring worldwide! You’ll be required to pass their short proofreading test before applying. Pay range is $19 – $46 / hour depending on turnaround time (with the highest pay for the most urgent deadlines).
- Proofreading Pal – Proofreaders. Possibly worldwide. To work for this company, you need to have a college degree, or be in the process of obtaining one. However, you don’t necessarily have to have the work experience that many proofreaders have. The website claims that editors can earn anywhere from $500 – $3,000 per month.
Translation – Interpretation Jobs
- Gengo – Translators. Anywhere in the US. Workd as a freelance translator using Gengo. No formal qualifications are required, but you will need to pass an assessment test in your chosen language. Passing the standard test will pay you .03 / word, passing the expert test will net $.08 / word. This is great for entry level translators looking to build up their resume!
- Kelly Services – English/Spanish Language Interpreters. Part-time, temporary. Many US states. You will interpret high-volume inbound calls. Pay is $15 hourly.
- LanguageLine – Interpreters. US and Canada. Full-time. Many languages needing covered. You will handle calls on demand and render meanings of conversations. Must be fluent in English and the language you’re applying to interpret. Pay is between $15 and $17 hourly.
- TELUS – Personalized Ads Evaluator. Anywhere in the US. Must have access to a speedy, wired internet connection and an Android phone. You’ll need to have been a resident of the united states for at least 3 years. Payrate is unknown.
- TELUS International AI – Part Time | Remote opportunity – TELUS International AI (formerly Lionbridge AI) is actively hiring Raters for a flexible work-from-home opportunity (up to 20 hours per week). The job doesn’t require any specific skills, but there is a one-time qualification test that you must pass to be considered for the role. Training and instructions will be provided after onboarding. The majority of the task types will require both a desktop/laptop and a smartphone, and for cultural awareness purposes you should be living in the United States for the last 5 consecutive years.
- TELUS – Task Contributors. Anywhere in the US. You’ll be completing small, simple tasks involving social media, internet research, etc. You’ll need a PC, as well as a smartphone. Tech savvy is a must. Payrate is unknown.
- Crazy Maple Studio – Narrative Designer. Open to CA, NY, CT, UT, WA, FL, PA, TX, MA, MI, IN, GA, or VA. They are looking for several full-time, superstar Story Editors/Narrative Designers to work on a successful narrative mobile game with their remote team. Must have minimum of 3 years experience in established industry for novels/publishing, gaming, television, film, etc. and at least one professional writing credit among other qualifications. According to Glassdoor, pay may be around $65K per year.
- Sigtrack – Read Sigtrack Review – Voter Registration Data Entry Reps. Most US states. No prior experience is required, however you must have a PC, with a speedy internet connection and either a single 4k monitor, or a second 1080p monitor. Pay is weekly on Fridays via Paypal.
- Teemwork.ai – Search Engine Evaluators. Anywhere in the US. English fluency, strong computer and communication skills all required. You’ll need a stable, speedy internet connection and a Windows PC. According to Glassdoor, pay might be around $13 / hour.
- VIMWorld – Social Media & Community Manager. US. Full-time. Must be open to working any and all hours since they stress they are a 24/7 company and social media never sleeps. You need 2-4 years managing the social media content strategy across multiple channels and experience creating unique content for channels including Instagram, Reddit, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube. According to Indeed.com’s salary estimates, you may earn between $47,000 and $60,000 a year.
- Cass Information Systems – Invoice Payment Specialist. Part-time. Must be in or near St. Louis, MO so you can train onsite prior to working at home. You will be entering required customer data by accurately interpreting a variety of source documents and coded information. Must be able to type 9,000 keystrokes per hour with accuracy. Pay is $13 hourly.
- Firegang – Graphic Designer. US. Full-time. You will manage creative and design projects from concept to delivery, collaborating with various members of the marketing team to develop consistent, impactful design deliverables across a wide range of touchpoints, including emails, social media, websites, events, printed signage, printed brochures and more. Requires 2-3 years of professional graphic design experience with a demonstrated ability to lead creative projects from concept to completion. Pay is $40,000 yearly, depending on experience.
- Hotghostwriter– Freelance Audiobook Narrator. Possibly open worldwide. Must have native English voice and have experience with ACX and the audio submission requirements. They currently offer a rate of $70 per 10k words for nonfiction and $90 per 10k words for fiction book narrating.
- Holland America – Social Media Specialist. US except for AR, DE, HI, ME, MN, MS, NE, NH, OK, SD, VT, WV, WY. Full-time. You will lead planning, activation, and management of digital media campaigns with an emphasis on paid social, brand and performance outcomes. Requires 2+ years of Media or Marketing experience. Benefits offered. Base Salary Range: $ 54,200.00 to $ 73,200.00.
- The Nerd Stash – Always seeking new writers, Twitch streamers, and YouTube content creators. Must be fluent in English. WordPress experience is preferred but not required. Pay rate not given.
BONUS – Get My Work at Home E-Book Bundle For Just $5 Right Now (8 E-Books Total)
If you are wanting even MORE links to jobs across a ton of categories (virtual assisting, data entry, transcription, and more), you may want to download my work at home e-book bundle.
It includes the following e-books ($1 each if you buy them individually):
You will get an email with a link to download the PDF files after your purchase.
Anna Thurman is a work at home blogger and mom of two. She has been researching and reviewing remote jobs for over 13 years. Her findings are published weekly here at Real Ways to Earn.